Friday, October 06, 2006

Simply Orange Juice - Might not be as pure as they claim

I contacted the Coca-Cola company to confirm corn-free status of their Simply Orange juices. This is what they say:

"Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your question. All of the Simply Orange juices are made with 100% orange juice and do not contain corn. Additionally, Simply Limeade and Lemonade do not contain corn derived ingredients. We hope this helpful. Thank you for your interest in our brands.
Sheree
Industry & Consumer Affairs The Coca-Cola Company" Another response can be found here.

"Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company. The calcium that we use is man-made and not derived from corn. We hope this is helpful. Thanks
Sheree
Industry & Consumer Affairs The Coca-Cola Company"

I tested the calcium enriched pulp-free. I got very sick, and even now 3 weeks later I'm still recovering. Another member of the Delphi site also tested Simply OJ (unenriched, original) with her corn-allergic child, and the child had an allergic reaction.

The original Simply Orange thread gives more of the full story: Simply Orange Juice

The "Simply" line of beverages may be listed as corn-free by the company, but human testing it didn't pass. Please use caution.

1 comment:

Sister Kyoya said...

I know this is a very old post, but I've developed a very severe allergy to corn, and I first noticed it with citric acid. I don't mean citric acid found naturally in produce, but the commercially made citric acid (corn is fed to a culture, and the cheap citric acid is the byproduct.) This type of citric acid is added to nearly all commercially prepared fruit products, but most especially drinks.

I would assume by now that you would have already figured this out, but I posted in case someone else was madly trying to figure out how all these seemingly unrelated foods were making them sick.

Just earlier today I discovered that chlorine and fluoride both have corn derivatives in them and they are added to my city's tap water and it has been making me violently sick. I'm truly staggered by how corn is in nearly everything we eat. :(